I did not make this soup. I was going for easy street here and this was the way to make it happen. Imagine Corn and Lemongrass Soup. Steamed sweet potato. Blanched bean sprouts. Marinated and ‘grilled’ shrimp. It all came together quite nicely too. Imagine soups aren’t something I eat often so when I do I find them satisfying. The ingredients are organic and simple (filtered water, organic sweet corn, organic onions, organic soymilk, organic potatoes, organic celery, organic expeller pressed canola oil and/or safflower oil and/or sunflower oil, sea salt, organic spice). For a premade soup it doesn’t get much better than this. But of course any soup in a carton needs some additions. For the shrimp I did a simple marinade of tamari, honey, garlic, ginger, and grapeseed oil. White sweet potatoes are my favorite so I was happy to see they were in stock at the store. And lastly my bean sprouts I blanched because I’m pregnant and you never know if they contain harmful bacteria.
Before I post the pictures and recipe I wanted to share my love of my peeler. Kitchen tools and make or break your cooking experience. Of course the good ones aren’t cheap but adding them slowly to your collection is definitely worth it in the end. Within the last year I decided my old peeler was not worth my time anymore and went to find a new one. I decided on OXO Good Grips Pro Swivel Peeler. Not sure why but this is the one that appealed to me. It was a great purchase. And the tip has a handy little tool, an eyer, to easily scoop out blemishes. The blade is super sharp and it glides down anything you decide to peel. The balance is on point too. Just thought I’d share.
Imagine Corn and Lemongrass Soup with Some Additions (serves 2)
- 32 oz carton Imagine Corn and Lemongrass Soup
- bean sprouts
- 2 small-medium white sweet potatoes
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- First combine tamari, honey, garlic, ginger, oil and add to shrimp. Mix well and set aside.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and bring to just under a boil.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes. Steam using a bamboo steamer.
- Put soup on stove to warm through.
- Heat a grill skillet on medium high heat. Coat with a bit of oil and add shrimp. Cook on each side until light grill marks appear.
- Add bean sprouts to water and blanch for 1 minute. Drain.
- Place soup in bowls and add bean sprouts, sweet potato, and shrimp.