I made this a few weeks ago but it’s totally worth the share. A chowder thickened with cauliflower. No potato here! And no cheese needed!! A total winning, kid friendly, paleo styled meal. One that will surely be added to my rotating recipes.
A potato free chowder. So delicious you don't even realize that the potato is absent!!!
- 1 large leek, whites chopped into half moons
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 bag of Trader Joes cauliflower rice
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 21 salute seasoning Trader Joes
- quart chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Season chicken thighs with s&p and 21 salute seasoning both sides. Place in an even layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes until just cooked through. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Heat up a bit of the bacon grease in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leek, carrot, celery, and garlic. Saute 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Chop the cauliflower head into chunks and steam in another pot until very tender.
- Add the cauliflower rice and 2 cups of chicken broth to the veggies.
- Place the steamed cauliflower in a bowl and puree using an immersion blender (or in a food processor/blender). If needed add a bit of coconut milk while pureeing.
- Shred the cooled chicken and add to the soup along with the cauliflower puree. Season with 21 salute and with s&p. Add 1/2 to full can of coconut milk, your preference. If the soup is too thick add more of the chicken broth until desired consistency is reached.
- Simmer 15 minutes until all the veggies are tender.
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon.