I’m not one for many fake meats and seitan doesn’t normally appeal to me, but the flavor of italian sausage is one I love and seitan italian sausage is amazing! I was going to make this soup vegan but in looking for vegan half and half I only found soy creamers full of not-so-good ingredients so I stuck to the normal stuff.
- Vegan Italian Sausage, sliced into small rounds
- Onion, roughly chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Crushed Red Pepper, 1 tsp
- Veggie Broth, 4-5 c
- 1 Yam, cubed
- 1 Russet Potato, cubed
- 1 Sweet Potato, cubed (not a yam but a real white sweet potato, I only used it because the store had it)
- Half and Half, 1 c
- Mushrooms, sliced super thin
- Bunch of Lacianto Kale, pulled of stem and in bite sized pieces
Sauté onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper until onion ins translucent.
Add broth and boil. Once boiled add the yam, potato, and sweet potato; cook until they are fork tender.
Add the sausage, shrooms, kale, half and half, and S&P. If there is still not enough liquid add more broth. Simmer until the kale is wilted and the italian sausage has flavored the soup.