I really can’t get enough zucchini noodles. They are extremely versatile molding to any style dish. And I’m lucky enough to have Josh on board enjoying them with me! Sometimes he’s still hungry after a meal I cook but if needed he supplements with extra protein or rice. This meal was definitely my best zucchini noodle recipe to date. It’s my healthy version of a Vietnamese noodle bowl. I love nuac cham sauce and this version uses lime juice, adding just enough tang to go well with any Asian style meal.
I chose to make this a cooked noodle bowl but I will be recreating many more versions for the summer. Raw zucchini noodles marinated in nuac cham sauce served with fresh lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts, cilantro, and basil has been on my mind. Maybe with some grilled protein on top. Sounds like a perfect summer meal, light and refreshing. Don’t hesitate to get creative and share your zucchini noodle creations with me. This is one trend I will keep!
Zucchini Noodle Bowl
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- grapeseed oil
- 1 cup shiitakes, sliced 1/2″ strips
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 cup snap peas, chopped into 1″ piece
- 8 oz sprouted tofu, chopped into 1″ cubes
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat up 1 tablespoon grape seed oil over medium high heat in a nonstick pan. Add zucchini noodles and cook until wilted. Set aside in a colander to drain.
- Add scallion, shiitakes, celery, and peas to pan. Cook until tender crisp. Season with s&p and liquid aminos.
- Stir in tofu and heat through. Lastly mix in basil.
- Place zucchini noodles in bowl and top with vegetable mixture. Serve topped with fresh cilantro and nuac cham sauce.
Nuac Cham Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- juice of 1 small lime (~3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine. Start with 1 tablespoon of honey and add more if desired.