Over the last few years I have gone off and on with drinking protein smoothies. I always let Josh choose and for the longest while we seemed to enjoy rice proteins. I never noticed a huge improvement when taking it, but it was a good drink to have when I was gardening everyday, giving me that little boost my body required, plus a way to get my greens.
Before I met Josh he had tried whey protein and didn’t much enjoy the experience, so we never thought to try again. Well recently he bought a container of Whey To Go® and after seeing it for a week or so I jumped on board. So far it’s been great! I enjoy a smoothie containing this whey protein either between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. The biggest thing I’ve noticed is my energy levels have increased and I’m not eating as many ’empty’ foods for snacks. By empty I mean foods that aren’t energizing my body. Plus with my busy work schedule it’s easy to consume.
Christine’s Strawberry Whey Smoothie:
- 8 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Serving Whey To GO® Chocolate Flavored
- 2 Frozen Cubes of Coconut Milk
- 1-1/2 C Almond Milk
- Scoop Green Powder (I’ve been enjoying kamut greens right now)
- 1/4-1/2 t Guar Gum
- Place all ingredients except the guar gum in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add guar gum and blend once more.
- Keep in fridge until ready to consume.
I find the guar gum thickens it up just a bit making it the perfect consistency. I don’t like runny smoothies so I always put ice in them for added texture. Ice tends to water down the yumminess though so I’m super excited with this new trick!
Here’s some information about the product:
Solgar Whey To Go® Protein Powder:
- rBGH free: manufactured from cows not treated with rBGH, recombinant bovine growth hormone
- Complete essential amino acid profile
- Superior biological protein value
- Cross-flow micro-filtered whey isolate and concentrate and hydrolyzed whey concentrate
- Low-heat, non-chemical whey extraction process
- With free-form L-Glutamine
- Free-form branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)
- Free of gluten and artificial flavors
- Easy to mix
- Suitable for lacto-vegetarians
Whey is the protein of choice because of its:
- efficient utilization in the body due to its high biological value (BV) — the highest of all natural proteins
- natural source of branched chain amino acids
- potent source of lactalbumin
- unique source of immunoglobulins
Solgar’s Whey To Go® Protein Powder is a highly efficient, scientifically advanced protein enhancement product. It is formulated with a blend of uniquely processed whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrates. Each process: cross-flow micro-filtration and hydrolyzation adds to Whey To Go® Protein Powder’s amino acid availability, absorption, and protein utilization. It’s available in the following natural flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry. Solgar’s Whey To Go® Protein Powder also includes two beneficial ingredients, freeform L-Glutamine and free-form Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). L-Glutamine plays a significant role in supporting muscle mass. BCAAs help promote protein synthesis which assists in decreasing the breakdown of muscle under stressful conditions. Both L-Glutamine and BCAAs are used by muscle tissue as a source of energy. In addition, Solgar’s Whey To Go® Protein Powder is free of gluten. Plus, its delicious flavor blends easily and tastes great in water, milk, or your favorite juice. It can even be added to sauces, soups, cereals, muffins, pancakes, and other bake mixes. It is an excellent way to add extra high-quality protein to your daily caloric intake.