This was delicious!!!!
I used a frozen pie crust containing organic whole wheat flour, organic palm oil, water, organic cane sugar, and sea salt. The texture was perfect, not heavy at all!
Sautéing onion, garlic, broccoli, and beans
Fresh Bread Crumbs and Oregano
Filling in Crust
This was the best veggie pot pie I’ve ever made!
- frozen pie crust
- onion, chopped
- garlic, minced
- broccoli, chopped
- green/purple beans, french cut
- can cream of mushroom soup
- red, blue, and yellow finger potatoes, chopped and boiled until fork tender
- frozen peas
- carrots, chopped
- vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 cup broth or milk
- 1 tbsp spelt flour
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Sauté chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped broccoli, and french cut green/purple beans in olive oil. Add can of mushroom soup, cooked potatoes, frozen peas, carrots, and spices (savory, thyme, oregano, s&p, and a small amount of vegetable bouillon). If a bit more liquid id needed add ~1/2 cup broth or milk. Stir in sifted spelt flour.
- For the topping: crumble 2 cups fresh bread and add fresh oregano and melted butter.
- Place filling in pie crust and lightly press topping onto the pie.
- Bake at 350 until top is browned and filling is bubbling.