You can do anything with a tofu scramble… here I knew I wanted to use cranberries, fennel, and pistachio nuts. I intended to make a curry flavored scramble but did not know I was out of curry powder until it was time to cook. Chinese five spice was my next thought, but ended up going for garam masala.
- onion, chopped
- green onion, chopped
- fennel, thinly sliced with a mandolin
- cranberries, dried
- cilantro, chopped
- spinach, chopped
- pistachios, raw and chopped
- garam masala
- spike seasoning
- tofu, firm
- parmesan (omit for vegan)
1) Press the block of tofu for ~20 minutes. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
2) Heat a bit of olive oil up in a skillet. Once warm add some garam masala ~2 t and some spike seasoning. Add the onions and fennel, cooking until tender.
2) Add the tofu, spinach, cilantro, s&p. Cook for awhile drying out the tofu and veggies. Taste and season more if necessary.
3) Add the cranberries and cook a bit longer.
4) Serve topped with pistachios and parmesan along with some avocado.