You really can do whatever your heart desires when it comes to a tofu scramble. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner spicing it any which way. I haven’t been eating eggs lately and honestly I feel better for not doing so. A few months ago I ate them almost daily and all of the sudden I decided no more. They would fill me up but weigh me down a bit at the same time. And now that I’m back on the meat eating train I don’t worry about protein. I do try to not eat too much tofu as I am not the biggest fan on non-fermented soy products. But tofu can be versatile and I do like the texture/flavor better than tempeh. So here’s the latest creation..
Tofu Scramble Recipe
- block tofu, pressed for 30 minutes and then crumbled
- fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- radicchio, thinly sliced
- dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- onion, chopped
- Garlic Gold Nuggets
- slivered almonds
- spike seasoning, I use salt free, 1/2 t
- garam masala, 1 tsp
- pecorino romano
- brown rice couscous
- Heat oil over medium high heat and add the spike, garam masala, and some s&p.
- Once oil is warm add the onion and fennel. Mix well and cook a few minutes until veggies just start to soften.
- Next add the crumbled tofu, radicchio, and garlic nuggets. Mix and cook 5-10 minutes. My radicchio was bitter so I added it in early.
- Once the liquid is absorbed and veggies are cooked through add the cranberries and cilantro. Mix and taste test, seasoning more if needed.
- Serve topped with pecorino romano and sliced avocado. I also made some brown rice couscous to go along. I drizzled it with olive oil, seasoned with salt, and topped with fennel fronds.