I found this recipe idea in a cookbook in the library… unfortunately I didn’t write down the name of the book but just the ingredients. I made these for an Easter Sunday pot luck and they were delicious. And check the color! Here’s my take:
- Sweet Potatoes, I used 5
- Chickpea Flour, ~ 2 c
- Cilantro, ~1/2 c chopped
- Cumin, ~2 t
- Corriander, ~2 t
- Garlic, minced, 2 cloves
- Lemon Juice, ~1 whole lemon
- Oil, ~2-3 T
- Sesame Seeds
1) Bake sweet potatoes in skin until tender.
2) Using a stand mixer add the cooled and peeled sweet potatoes. Blend until smooth and add all the ingredients listed above except the sesame seeds.
3) Once smooth taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to let the mixture thicken.
4) Roll into balls or form small patties and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. They should not be sticky at all and easy to form. Top each falafel with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
5) Bake at 400º for ~30-45 minutes until they are somewhat firm and dried out.
I made a tahini dressing to go with these using
- 2/3 c tahini
- 4 T lemon juice
- 3-4 t tamari
- 2 T honey
- minced garlic
- water to thin to desired consistency