Need a simple side dish to bring to a summer party? Here is your recipe! This dish is super basic yet so flavorful and colorful. The beans came from local gardens and the tomatoes I picked out of ours. We all know garden fresh veggies taste delicious on their own, so I only added in some firm smoked goat cheese and a bit of parmesan garlic dressing. Once the salad has had some time to chill and marinate try and not eat it all once :).
Summer Bean and Tomato Salad
Summer pole bean and wax bean salad with cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and parmesan garlic dressing.
- pole and wax beans, ends trimmed and halved
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- firm smoked goat cheese, chopped into small strips
- parmesan and garlic dressing, I used Lucini brand
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook five minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking. You want the beans to still be crunchy! Dry beans with a towel and place in a bowl.
- Add the halved tomatoes, smoked goat cheese, dressing, and s&p. Toss gently and chill before serving.
Feel free to substitute any dressing you prefer or even make your own. I was in the mood for a caesar flavor and the parmesan garlic caught my eye as I was browsing the store.