Per usual my photo taking skills have been under par. I keep forgetting to take them until after the meal is cooked and then I’m bummed and rushing so the one and only picture isn’t that great. So as of today better pictures! But anyway these pancakes where pretty phenomenal. Something different, tangy from the lemon zest and sour cream, and sweet from the strawberries. A perfect pancake for dinner!
Sour Cream Pancakes (adapted from Ina Garten)
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- strawberries, diced
- pure maple syrup
- maple almond butter
1. In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing only until combined.
4. Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles. Spoon 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan to make 3 or 4 pancakes. Distribute some of the chopped strawberries on each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned. Flip the pancakes and then cook until browned. Serve with left over chopped strawberries, maple almond butter, and maple syrup.