Here’s an easy crock pot recipe. I did cook it outside (I was home) to keep the heat out of the house. Definitely a good idea during the summer!
- Hickory Smoked Turkey Leg
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Carrot, chopped
- Yellow Pepper, sliced
- Zucchini, chopped
- Wild Rice, 2/3 cup uncooked
- Fresh Sage
- Quart Chicken Broth
- Spinach, chopped
1. Place turkey leg in crock pot. Mine just barley fit!
2. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrot, pepper, wild rice, fresh sage, and pepper. Mix and top with chicken broth. If needed add water to cover all the veggies.
3. Cook on high 4 hours or on low 7. I cooked mine on high for 4.
4. After 4 hours remove the turkey leg and pull the meat off the bone. Add meat back to soup.
5. Lastly add chopped spinach right before serving. Add it bit by bit… as it wilts you can keep adding more.