I love the flavor of smoked salmon. We don’t eat it much but it was calling my name so I created a meal to showcase the flavor. Cia decided she needed attention half way through so the salmon ended up getting slightly cooked; you can see in the picture some of the pieces are a bit opaque rather than bright pink. No big deal though, it was still tender and delicious. For veggies I sautéed fresh green beans with onion and tossed in some chopped super greens mix at the very end (chard, spinach, arugula, tatsoi) to lightly wilt. I also added in some halved cherry tomatoes. For seasoning I used the zest of one whole lemon and added in crumbled feta cheese. Nothing fancy but plenty of delicious flavors to make it tasty. I did use wheat rigatoni, but it’s the Jovial brand; whole grain einkorn. Truly delicious and nutritious pasta. Check it out if you haven’t already!
Salmon Pasta Salad
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, chopped into 1″ strips
- 2 large handfuls of fresh green beans, end removed and chopped into 1″ pieces
- small onion, chopped
- olive oil
- large handful of super greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta
- zest of one lemon
- 12 oz. rigatoni
- Cook pasta according to box. Rinse and set aside.
- Heat up some olive oil and add the onion. Cook 2 minutes and add green beans. Cover and steam until green beans are tender crisp, ~10 minutes. Uncover.
- Add in chopped greens and mix until just wilted.
- Turn off heat and toss in pasta, tomatoes, lemon zest, and feta. Season with s&p. Add in more olive oil if necessary. I served this dish room temperature.