I am typically drawn to vinegar and oil based pasta salads but this pasta salad is definitely a new favorite. You can’t really go wrong when smoked salmon is brought into the equation! And did I mention it’s ridiculously easy to prepare? Great when you have a toddler who continually begs for your attention. Cooking has become a juggling act of entertaining and chopping while trying to not trip over Cia. Not always what I’m in the mood for so the quicker I can get a meal prepared the better! This salad is best served cold so plan to make it a few hours in advance. I originally intended to add a bit more into the recipe but last minute decided to let the salmon shine. Don’t hesitate to add in some extra veggies.. diced bell pepper, cucumber, asparagus, or even capers or sun-dried tomatoes.
Smoked Salmon Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta (I used brown rice fusilli)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil vegenaise (or regular mayo)
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, or fresh if you have it
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped thin
- Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse to cool and drain well.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Adjust seasonings if necessary and chill thoroughly before serving.