Let me first say this was DELICIOUS! Go ahead, call me lazy for buying a carton of soup, but until I find a better corn-lemongrass soup recipe this is where it’s at.
- Green Onion, I used only the bases (whites)
- Bean Sprouts
- Fresh Lime Juice, 1 T
- 1/2 Lb Shrimp, deveined and detailed
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Ginger, 1 ” chunk
- Tamari, 1/2 C
- Honey, 2 T
- Oil, 1-2 T
1. First make the marinade for the shrimp. Food process garlic and ginger (or chop finely). Place garlic and ginger in a bowl and whisk in the tamari, honey, and oil. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Pour over shrimp and marinade for 30 minutes or so.
2. Place bean sprouts in a bowl and top with fresh lime juice. Set aside.
3. Slice the green onion into strips. Quickly sauté in some oil to wilt. Set aside.
4. I didn’t have skewers but I did have take out chop sticks! Soak them in some water for 15 minutes and skewer the shrimp. Grill the shrimp until lightly charred on each side… this does not take long.
5. While the shrimp are cooking heat the soup.
6. Assemble… soup topped with bean sprouts, green onion, and shrimp. YUM IN THE TUM!