YUM. Seriously these sandwiches were awesome! When I mentioned the idea to Josh he was very unenthusiastic but one bite in he did a 180. I mean come on who wouldn’t like shrimp, avocado, and bacon all mixed up together? He will now deny that he ever had any doubts about my meal here but trust me he did. Most likely because it wasn’t the typical ‘healthy’ meal, but we all need to enjoy some delicious foods on the occasion. And when it boils down this really wasn’t all that unhealthy. I cooked the bacon until crispy, then cooked lightly floured/seasoned shrimp in the bacon grease, and mixed it with some chopped avocado. The sauce was vegenaise, fresh tarragon, and pecorino romano. Good eats! I saw a recipe very similar to this in a magazine a bit ago unfortunately it was recycled so I cannot give credit where it is due.
Shrimp, Bacon, and Avocado Sliders (4 sliders)
- 1/2 lb shrimp, deveined and detailed
- 3 sliced turkey bacon
- 1 avocado, diced
- spelt flour
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- fresh tarragon, chopped
- fresh grated pecorino romano
- romaine lettuce
- 4 potato rolls/sliders
- Mix flour, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and s&p in a bowl. I didn’t measure anything but you can see from my picture to get an idea of the proportions.
- Mix vegenaise, fresh tarragon, and pecorino romano. I didn’t measure anything here either but I’d say I used each 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon and grated pecorino romano.
- In a skillet heat up a tad bit of olive oil and cook the bacon slices until crispy. Set aside.
- Toss the shrimp in the flour mixture. Add a little more olive oil to the skillet and add the shrimp. Cook a 2-3 minutes each side until crispy. Roughly chop.
- In a bowl crumble the bacon and mix in the chopped shrimp and diced avocado.
- Assemble sandwiches: spread vegenaise mixture on bread both sides, add with shrimp mixture, and top with lettuce. Eat and be merry!