Our garden is booming these days. I love it! We put a lot of time, energy, and love into our space – wherever that may be, and it’s such a beautiful thing to see the reward when it’s a garden. For many of our recent meals I walk out and pick a handful of chard right before dinner, steam it, and eat a large bowl with balsamic vinegar. Not worth posting as a meal but worth talking about! There’s nothing better than garden fresh greens. Delish!
This salad is full of yumminess. The greens, dill, and carrot are from our garden. The beans from a local farm. Eggs from the town next to us. Our tomatoes are starting to come in but the picked ones weren’t ripe for this salad, they are organic heirlooms though. If only we had an avocado tree outside! When making a salad nicoise I always spend a little extra and buy top shelf tuna. My go to brand is Tonnino tuna fillets. The fish has great texture and flavor. For dressing I made my roasted garlic ‘caesar’, serving it on the side. This salad did not disappoint!
- fresh dill
- green beans, steamed/blanched/chilled
- hard boiled egg
- Assemble all ingredients on a plate. Greens on the base topped with fresh dill, tuna in the middle, and each other ingredient placed around the tuna.
- Serve with a side of dressing.
Caesar Dressing (makes about 1 cup)
- 2 bulbs garlic, roasted (you can easily use one bulb instead)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon styled mustard
- 2 anchovies
- 1 heaping tablespoon capers
- Remove roasted garlic cloves from bulbs and place in food processor with olive oil. Blend until smooth adding a bit more olive oil if necessary.
- Add 1/2 the lemon juice, mustard, anchovies, capers, and season with s&p. Pulse. Taste and add more lemon juice if desired, I added a bit more. Refrigerate until serving.