I recently came a cross a recipe using chickpea flour and water to make a flat bread… here’s my version:
- 1 C Chickpea Flour
- 1 3/4 C Water
- 1/2 t Sea Salt
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Fresh Rosemary
- Onion, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- Feta(~1/2 C)
1. Sift flour into a bowl. Mix in salt. While whisking slowly add the water. Whisk until lump free. Cover and set aside for a couple of hours.
2. Heat oven to 400°.
3. Heat a 10″ skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 T olive oil. Once hot add the onions and cook for a few minutes. Make sure the skillet has a nice layer of olive oil… if needed add a bit more.
4. Next poor the batter over the onions in the skillet. Top with fresh rosemary, fresh cracked pepper, and feta.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until edges are brown and center is set. Broil for another 2-5 minutes to brown the top.
6. Cool for a bit in the skillet before removing.