Here’s an easy winner…
ready to eat
My parents recently bought me a skillet and it’s by far my favorite pan to cook with!!! It makes everything easier!!! Plus the nonstick is so nice (I avoid all chemically prepared non-stick pans).
my new skillet
veggies about to enter the oven (onion already sauteed)
Roasted Vegetable Soft Tacos
Tacos filled with roasted veggies.
- Blue Potatoes, chopped relatively small
- Crimini Mushrooms, halved (any other firm mushroom will work just fine)
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Chili Powder
- Dried Oregano
- S&P (salt and pepper)
- Cabbage, chopped
- Tomato, diced
- Avocado, diced
- Jalapeno, sliced and s autéed in oil
- Flour tortillas, (I wanted corn but Whole Foods was out)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Quickly statue the onion and garlic in olive oil and add the spices.
- Add in the potatoes and shrooms, 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop/dice cabbage, tomato, and avocado.
- Quickly heat tortillas on the stovetop until warm and assemble tacos with all the yumminess.
- Top with sour cream and desired salsa.
Mushrooms tend to shrink drastically in size when roasting, so cut them larger than you think necessary. My Crimini’s were on the small side so I only halved them, you don’t want to lose them within the potatoes.
I do not measure out my spices. This is why I am more of a cooker than a baker. I just throw some in and tweak it until my I find a happy balance on my tongue.