I keep saying one of these days I’m going to bite the bullet and make my own pizza dough. My hesitation comes from these crusts I buy. They are wheat free (containing spelt flour and cornmeal) and have an awesome flavor. I don’t have much experience with making wheat free doughs so it seems like a daunting task especially when I can buy crusts that taste good. The cornmeal is what makes it for me. So for a quick easy dinner one night we made pizza’s with roasted onions, broccoli, and tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella.
Roasted Veggie Pizza
- pizza crust
- pizza sauce, I used a can of Eden
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- onion, sliced into rings
- olive oil
- fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- Roast vegetables in a 400º oven. Keeping them separate, toss each in a small amount of olive oil, season with salt, and place in an oven safe dish. Broccoli ~20 minutes, tomatoes ~30 minutes, onion ~40 minutes. The broccoli will be slightly browned, the tomatoes wilted and slightly browned, and the onions lightly charred.
- Assemble pizza: a thin layer of sauce on the crust topped with the onion and tomato. The cheese going next and lastly the broccoli on top.
- Cook pizza according to crust instructions.