This is my new favorite bread. It is truly incredible! I modified a few things from the first time and it turned out even better.
- 2 cups Chickpea Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh Rosemary
- Pecorino Romano
1. Sift the flour. Add the water slowly while whisking to avoid clumps. Add salt and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cover and let sit for a few hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Over medium high heat, heat a 10-inch skillet. Coat well with olive oil and add the onion. Cook a few minutes.
4. Add a bit more olive oil around the edges of the skillet and pour in the ‘batter’. Top with black pepper, pecorino romano, and fresh rosemary. Lastly drizzle top with more olive oil.
5. Bake ~40 minutes until edges are brown. The center should feel set. Broil for another few minutes to brown the top.
6. Cool just about completely before removing from pan.