This is a repeat meal, but I haven’t made it for quite some time so I wanted to repost. Perfect for winter. I followed my usual recipe as it’s so good no need to make any changes. The only difference is I came across yellow lentils, something I haven’t seen before so I opted to buy them. I did have 1/2 cup of red lentils left over at home so I used a mixture. This dal is made in the crock pot and becomes a thick hearty soup when it’s time for dinner. Nothing fancy here. The red curry past and coconut milk add great flavor to this dish. I chose to keep it mild but if you’re looking for some heat add extra curry paste or even a jalapeno or serrano pepper to the mix.
Red Lentil Dal
- 2 cups red and yellow lentils
- medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- onion, chopped
- garlic, minced
- can coconut milk
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon vegetable base
- 1 inch knob ginger, grated
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- water to cover all ingredients, for me this was 2 cans of water (I used the coconut milk can)
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours.