I have made similar dishes to this in the past always in a pot on the stove, but this time I opted for the crock pot. I’m not sure why I don’t use my crock pot more. They are wonderful and easy!
- Onion, chopped
- Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Green Pepper, chopped
- Yellow Pepper, chopped
- Chicken Tenders, cubed
- 2-3 T Thai Red Curry Paste
- Garlic, chopped
- 1 T Fish Sauce
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- 1 C Coconut Milk
- 1 C Chicken Broth
- 1-2 T Cornstarch, dissolved in a small amount of water
1. Place chopped veggies in crock pot.
2. Season chicken tenders with ginger, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Brown in a skillet with some olive oil. Add to crock pot.
3. Mix sauce ingredients (curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, and broth). Taste adjust seasonings if necessary and add to the crock pot.
4. Cook on low for ~5 hours.
5. Add cornstarch and cook for 20 minutes more.
6. Serve with rice!