This year for Thanksgiving I tried to keep all my dishes light. As I’m monitoring my diet and tracking my macros I didn’t want to end the meal feeling heavy and sluggish. I knew the pie and ice cream were my treat and I’m proud to say I felt more than comfortable after our meal! This salad was more than festive and probably my favorite dish of the night. Seriously!
Fresh persimmon, pomegranate jewels, fig goat cheese, toasted pecans, and butter lettuce dressed in a pomegranate dressing. Easy to make, beautiful to look at, and exciting to eat! A perfect holiday salad!
Persimmon & Pomegranate Salad
Cheers to festive salads!!!
- fuyu persimmons
- pomegranate jewels
- goat cheese, I used fig but any kind will do
- butter lettuce
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon German style mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a mason jar add all the salad dressing ingredients. Shake well and taste test adding more of anything if necessary. Store in the fridge until using. This will make more dressing than you need, so enjoy it throughout the week!
- In a pan toast the pecans until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl place washed and torn butter lettuce. Peel and chop persimmons. Add to salad bowl along with pomegranate jewels and lightly crumbled goat cheese. Add toasted pecans.
- Dress salad right before serving.
I didn't measure anything out so use as much of anything as you'd like!!!