I’ve been a bit incognito recently with blogging. And not because I haven’t been cooking but because I’m not thrilled with my new website. Overall I am but there are still little things I haven’t been able to figure out how to do and it’s driving me nuts. So I stay away from creating posts so I don’t have to think about it. Plus I have a beautiful fun child to easily distract me.
This was an easy dish that is perfect for hot summer nights. Even though it’s pasta the dish is light. Radicchio has a slight bitter taste which went really well with the saltiness of the olives and feta. I used a gluten free pasta and threw in some mushrooms and a few green beans for a little extra something.
Penne with Radicchio and Olives
- – penne
- – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- – small onion, chopped
- – head of radicchio, washed and coarsely torn
- – 8 mushrooms, sliced
- – handful green beans, chopped (I have a tool to french them so I used that)
- – 1/4 cup castelvantro olives, roughly chopped
- – feta cheese
- – s&p
- – 1/2 cup water
- – 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon chicken base
- Cook penne according to box.
- In a large sauté pan heat up a bit of olive oil. Once warm add the garlic and onion. Cook until fragrant about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and green beans. Continue to cook 3 more minutes.
- Stir in water and chicken base to dissolve. Bring to a simmer and add the radicchio. Continue to cook until radicchio has wilted. Season with s&p.
- Toss in pasta, olives, and feta.