Peaches were available at the Farmer’s Market so I had to indulge… so worth it!
I was inspired by a couple of different recipes I found online but came up with this recipe myself…
A recipe to enjoy fresh peaches.
- 1/3 c butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 cup rolled oats ground in blender or coffee grinder
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- few grates of fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh peaches.
- 1 tbsp oat bran
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- First cream the butter and sugar.
- Then mix in the egg, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Mix the ground oats, oat bran, baking powder, and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture along with the peaches.
- Pour into a greased and floured bread pan.
- Mix 1 tbsp oat bran with cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter
- Baked at 350 for ~1 hour.
YUMMY IN THE TUMMY!