I have no idea what to title this recipe. Smoked clams and turkey bacon mixed together is a new one for me. And a good new one I might add. Josh loves smoked clams and is always pushing for them to be added to any meal. I love them too and don’t resist but most of the time I prefer them as a snack. So tonight was the perfect Joshua dinner. And it’s extremely simple! The smokiness of the clams and bacon went well together and I let these flavors spice the dish other than adding some s&p and pecorino romano.
- Turkey Bacon, 2 slices diced into small squares
- Smoked Clams, 1 tin
- Small Onion, sliced into thin rings
- Garlic, 3 cloves minced
- Zucchini, sliced into thin rounds (I used two small ones)
- Mushrooms, sliced relatively thin (I used about 6)
- Quinoa Spaghetti
- Olive Oil
- White Wine, splash
1. Put up a pot of water to boil for the pasta.
2. In a saucepan over medium-high heat add a bit of olive oil. Once warm add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add the onion and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or so.
(Add pasta to boiling water)
4. Add the garlic, zucchini, and mushrooms. Season generously with some s&p. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or so.
5. Once veggies are about done add a splash of white wine and continue to cook off.
6. Add the smoked clams.
(Pasta should be about done)
7. Drain and rinse cooked pasta, add to veggie/clam/bacon mixture, and cook until heated through.
8. Serve with some fresh grated pecorino romano.