Here’s to a vegetable that neither Josh or I are huge fans. I’m not sure what inspired me to purchase a few handfuls of snap peas but I guess I was in the mood for something different. I knew I had to flavor them with something exciting so I went with a fresh squeezed orange. These turned out to be quite delicious and I could have eaten another bowl or two.
Orange Snap Peas
- juice from 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- olive oil
- few handfuls of snap peas washed and ends chopped off
- Mix all ingredients listed above the olive oil. Taste test and adjust seasonings if necessary. You could use fresh ginger and garlic but I didn’t feel like taking the extra time.
- In a skillet or saucepan heat up a splash of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the snap peas and sauce. Cook until sauce has cooked down to a glaze and peas are tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes.