Can we say fall comfort food? Bring it on! I guess I’ve been craving the simple but delicious dinners for these cooler evenings. As I have mentioned before fat is ok when you’re pregnant. So it’s not that I’ve been eating more than I normally do but I’m not afraid to enjoy a little these days. Tonight maybe a little more than normal ; ).
If you are a lover of mushrooms and pasta this dish is a must make. I kept it ridiculously simple using fresh thyme, dry mustard, and worcestershire sauce for the base seasonings. And a little white wine and beef base for some richness (substitute vegetable base for a vegetarian dinner). I always look for gluten free egg noodles but I have yet to find them. One day. Cook this meal and enjoy it as much as me!
- crimini mushrooms, 1 – 1 1/2 lbs
- garlic, sliced thin
- shallot, sliced into thin rounds
- olive oil
- fresh thyme, 4-5 sprigs leaves removed
- dry mustard, 1 tsp
- worcestershire, 2 tbsp
- water, 1/2 cup
- Better Than Bouillon beef base, 1 small spoonful (use vegetable base for a vegetarian meal)
- white wine, 1/4 cup
- sour cream, 1 cup
- butter, 1-2 tbsp
- egg noodles
- In a dutch oven heat up a bit of olive oil over medium heat. Once warm add shallots and garlic.
- When onion and garlic start to soften add thyme, dry mustard, worcestershire, and s&p. Mix well.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they have wilted a bit.
- Add beef base, water, and white wine. Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Enjoy how delicious your house smells.
- Meanwhile cook egg noodles.
- Liquid will have slightly reduced. Add butter and sour cream to mushrooms. Add pasta and heat through.