These are so simple, full of flavor, and easy to cook! Perfect for a weeknight meal that comes off as being a bit more sophisticated than your typical turkey burger. All the flavor comes from the exciting addition of sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, fresh parsley, firm feta, and lots of garlic. These are pretty much staples in our home and I’m not sure why I haven’t thought to make something like this before. Turkey burgers are known to dry out so they need a little help to prevent this. This combination worked perfectly! Kid approved too!!
Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
Time to get creative with your turkey burgers. Lots of fun flavor coming through in these.. kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, garlic... Need I say more?
- 2 lbs turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 oz feta, use a firm variety (I used a half sheeps milk half goats milk)
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped small
- 3 oil packed sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced/pressed
- In a bowl place all ingredients. Season generously with s&p. Mix ingredients being careful to not over work. Form patties to desired size. I made 10.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once warm drizzle on a bit of olive oil and add 4 or 5 patties. Cook 5 minutes until nicely browned and flip cooking another 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
I chose not to serve these on buns but instead with a huge pile of braised kale.
But these would make awesome sandwiches!! Served with lettuce, tomato, garlic aioli, hummus, roasted red peppers, sautéed red onion.. get creative and enjoy!!!