I’m loving pumpkin this season. I mean I love it every season but I am really loving it right now. And these scones were a nice addition to my pumpkin treats. Dense and chewy, not too sweet, perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. Can we say I’m officially in fall mode?
Maple Pumpkin & Oat Scones
A healthier scone.. a perfect fall treat! These are great served warmed with a bit of ghee and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey!
- 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple suryp
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl whisk together the dry ingredients - flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients - pumpkin, eggs, milk, and syrup.
- Add the wet to dry and mix to incorporate. Lastly mix in the nuts.
- Place batter on a greased (I used coconut oil) baking sheet. Wet hands with water (so the batter doesn't stick) and pat down the dough into a circle an inch thick. Using a knife score the batter into 8 triangles cutting 1/2-3/4 way through the dough.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned.
If you don't have maple sugar substitute coconut sugar, sucanat, or cane sugar.