This is a wonderful combination. I made this for my Dad and Grams and they were both pleasantly surprised! Also they were shocked at how much lemon I used in the dish as you would never guess it with the mild flavor.
- Onion, sliced
- Garlic, minced
- Whole Carton of Campari Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Lemons, Juice and Zest
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Rice Pasta
1. Heat water to cook pasta.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic in some olive oil until tender.
3. Add the tomatoes to the garlic and onion and reduce for 5 minutes. Season with s&p.
4. Add lemon zest and juice. I always use the zest of both lemons but start with the juice of one. I ended up using the juice of 1 1/2 lemons.
5. Meanwhile the pasta should be cooking. Remove when just al dente. Rinse (since it’s rice pasta) and add to the tomatoes. Let the pasta finish cooking in the tomatoes soaking up the delicious flavor.
6. Add fresh basil and feta.