I was able to convince Josh to make me some more pancakes this week!!!! In keeping it interesting I decided to change the recipe up and try something new. These were not only beautiful and fluffy but delicious too! If you look these pancakes up online there are a million similar recipes. So I just went with it and threw this recipe together following none in particular, but I’m sure you’ll find one online just about the same.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 c ricotta
- 1/4 c agave
- 1/2 c spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- zest of 1 meyer lemon (can use a regular)
- maple syrup
1. Whisk egg yolks, ricotta, agave, and lemon zest until combined. Add flour and baking powder whisking again until combined.
2. Whip egg whites until glossy peaks form, using a hand help mixer.
3. Stir in 1/4 of a the egg whites into the ricotta-egg mixture and mix well. Next fold in the rest of the egg whites until egg whites are just but all incorporated into the batter.
4. In a large skillet melt some butter over medium heat. Use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake and cook until lightly browned on each side and cooked through. Place cooked pancakes on a cake rack in a warmed oven to keep hot while making the rest of the batter and until ready to eat.
5. Serve with fresh sliced strawberries and maple syrup!