I was recently in Michigan and made this dish for my Grams and dad. Since it was such a hit I wanted to share it with Josh. The lemon transforms the tomatoes into something wonderful.
- Plastic Carton of Campari Tomatoes
- 2 Lemons, zest and juice
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, sliced
- Quinoa Spaghetti
- Pecorino Romano
- Olive Oil
1. Boil water for pasta.
2. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil. The tomatoes don’t need more than 5-10 minutes of cooking time so I cook the onion until it’s almost done.
3. Once onion is almost completely translucent add the tomatoes and reduce a bit. Then add the lemon zest and juice. Start with the juice of one lemon as to not use too much. In this batch my lemons were quite acidic and I only used the juice of 1. Add the basil and s&p.
4. Meanwhile the pasta should be cooking. Take it out of the water and drain when it is just al dente. Rinse if needed and add to the tomatoes. Cook until tender.
5. Serve with pecorino romano. If you’re like us you’ll use quite a bit of cheese.