In an ordinary Sunday for Joshua and Christine there is no motivation for making food decisions. After making an unsuccessful attempt to eat at our local Vietnamese restaurant (randomly closed) and being indecisive we went to Whole Foods. My creation…. Mascarpone and Apple Sandwiches. Extremely simple!!! (I will add that I also bought some avocado sushi to go along with this, otherwise avocado would have been included in the sandwich).
An easy, fun apple sandwich
- rye bread
- ripe tomato, sliced thickly
- granny smith apple, sliced
- fresh jalapeño, sliced thinly (optional)
- s&p to season tomato
- Toast bread and spread on mascarpone.
- Season tomato with s&p.
- Layer tomato, apple, and jalapeño on on side of the bread.
- Toothpick sandwich together and slice in half.
Variations: cucumber, avocado, sprouts