I grew up on this sandwich. Grilled sausage, carmelized onions, sautid peppers, and provolne! Even when I was vegetarian I would think of this sandwich. By far one of my favorites!
- 1 Milk Turkey Sausage per sandwich
- Onion, sliced into 1/4-1/2″ rounds
- Yellow or Red Pepper, sliced into strips 1/4-1/2″ thick
- Sub Roll
- Olive Oil
1. First cook the onions and peppers, separately, over low heat in olive oil. They should be completely cooked down, onions translucent, peppers soft, and both lightly browned.
2. Cook the sausage over medium low heat in a skillet or on a hot grill. Once slightly cooled slice in half.
3. Assemble sandwich and enjoy.