I haven’t really mentioned it but I’ve been doing my second round of Whole30 this month. After doing it last September I knew I wanted to do it again. To really understand, embrace, and experience Whole30. I didn’t plan this in advance but decided at the end of February it was my time. I’m now on the home stretch with five days left. This month flew by and I don’t have too much to report. To be honest this round is basically a 30 day break from chocolate and alcohol. I have had plenty of long lasting effects from round one. My diet has stayed pretty close to the Whole30 approach, minus the chocolate and beer of course. And due to this I have not noticed drastic improvements, but I am feeling good!
I don’t know if you know but it’s pretty much impossible to find a sugar free, or only fruit juice sweetened, BBQ sauce. This isn’t too surprising but I hadn’t thought about it when I created my meal plan to include BBQ sauce. So I created my own. It’s simple and worked perfect for my needs. Tomatoes, a few spices, apple cider vinegar, and fresh pineapple. Blend it up and you have BBQ sauce. Easy enough?
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup fire roasted tomatoes with garlic, or any canned tomato
- 1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Blend tomatoes and pineapple in a blender until smooth.
- In a small pan add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Heat over low heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Use immediately or cool and store in the fridge up to 1 week.