CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER GLAZE
Chocolate fanatics delight..
- 3 C Heavy Cream (I used a nice glass bottle brand)
- 1 C Half & Half
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 T Vanilla
- Loaf Bread (1 lb), Challah or Brioche
- 10 oz Bittersweet Chocolate (I used Lindt and Ghiradelli)
- 8 Large Egg Yolks
- 3/4 C Sugar (I sued half brown half turbinado)
1. In a large saucepan whisk cream, milk, cocoa, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, whisking. Turn off heat and cover for ~30 minutes.
2. Chop bread into small chunks and place in a large bowl.
3. Bring cream mixture back boil and stir in the 10 oz of chocolate. Remove from heat and mix until chocolate is all melted.
4. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Slowly add the chocolate mixture stirring constantly to prevent the egg from cooking.
5. Pour mixture over bread cubes and mix thoroughly. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes or so.
6. Line 2 cupcake trays with cupcake holders. I had enough to fill 24 cupcakes to the brim.
7. Bake 350° for 20-25 minutes, until they are set.
- 1 T Butter, melted
- 4 T Peanut Butter
- 2/3 C Powdered Sugar
- 4-6 T Half & Half
1. Whisk peanut butter and butter until mixed.
2. Add sugar and 2 T of the half & half. Mix well.
3. Add more half & half slowly until desired consistency is reached. You want it to be pourable but still thick.
4. Place cupcakes on metal cooling racks and drizzle glaze over them.