My first round of trout was so yummy Josh requested another round!
- Trout, deboned (1 per person)
- Olive Oil
- Oregano, fresh
- Thyme, fresh
- Lemon Basil, fresh
- Rosemary, fresh
1. Drizzle inside of fish with olive oil and layer in fresh herbs. Marinate in the fridge for a couple hours.
2. Grill! Make sure to coat the grill with some oil to prevent fish skin from sticking.
As a farewell to CraiggleRock I decided to make some corn lettuce wraps. (Gluten-free and Vegan)
- 4 Ears Fresh Corn, husks pulled down, strings removed, and husks put back in place.
- Fresh Arugula
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Garlic Bulb
- Sprouted Beans (red lentil, brown lentil, mung, garbanzo, adzuki)
- Olive Oil
- Head of Hydroponic Bibb Lettuce
1. Prepare garlic for roasting, wrap in foil, and grill for 30-45 minutes on the outer edge.
2. Also prepare the onion: cut of both ends, remove skin, slice an ‘x’ in the top of the onion and fill cavity with olive oil, s&p. Wrap in foil and grill 30 minutes or so.
3. Grill corn until husks are charred and corn is cooked.
4. Make salad… cut corn off cob and mix with chopped onion, roasted garlic bulbs, fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes, and sprouted beans. Season with s&p and olive oil.
So why are sprouted beans good for you?
Sprouting seeds equals an increase in nutrients when compared to dried seeds. The vitamins, minerals and protein increase substantially and the calories and carbohydrate contents decrease. When it sprouts, a healthy seed activates many different metabolic systems. It converts some of its sugar content into vitamin C, to act as an antioxidant in the new open air environment. It also begins to synthesize a variety of new enzymes, many of them necessary to handle oxygen metabolism in the world above the soil. On a gram for gram basis, sprouts are richer in vitamin C than the older, more mature plants they eventually become, because this moment in their lifecyle calls for a high level of vitality. Basically sprouts contain all the nutrients found in the various fruits and vegetables, and you can get this nutrition without pesticides and insecticides.
Sprouts are quite easy to grow.