Josh was in the mood for buffalo and in trying to mask the flavor of plain meat I came up with Asian grilled buffalo ‘meatballs’.
- 1 lb ground buffalo
- 2 T lemongrass (I used the stuff out of a jar)
- shallot, sliced into thin rounds
- ~1 t fish sauce
- ~2 T tamari
- ginger powder
Mix the above ingredients and marinate for a couple of hours.
- skewers, soaked 30 minutes before using
- raw corn, cut off the cob (fresh local corn is incredible raw, no need to cook!!)
- bean sprouts
- rice noodles, cooked according to box
- basil (local)
- bibb lettuce
- olive oil
- bragg liquid aminos
When ready to grill take the marinated meat and form into ‘meatballs’. By this I mean into logs, one per skewer. I did cut my skewers in half for this. Grill until meat is cooked through.
Assemble lettuce wraps. For a sauce I used a bit of olive oil and bragg liquid aminos.
** I realized once we ate these the only ingredient I forgot was a bit of chopped fresh mint added to the ground meat. Also remember to keep your ‘meatballs’ thin so they are easy to eat within a lettuce wrap. Mine were fine but next time I’ll make them a bit thinner.