I decided to explore with making my own granola… I may even have an opportunity to sell it!
- 5 C Oats (whole not quick)
- 1 C Sliced Almonds
- 1 C Chopped Walnuts
- 1 C Chopped Pecans
- 1 C Sunflower Seeds
- 1 C Ground Flax Seeds
- 2 C Coconut Flakes
- 3/4 C Ghee
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1/2 C Agave
- 1/2 C Maple Syrup
- 1 T Vanilla
- 1 C Chopped Dried Turkish Apricots
1. Mix oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax, and coconut.
2. Heat ghee, honey, agave, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon over low heat until warmed through.
3. Add sugar mixture to oat mixture and mix well.
4. Bake in multiple dishes/cookie sheets in a 350° oven for ~40 minutes stirring every ten so it browns evenly. Granola is finished when it’s golden brown. It will still be soft when it comes out of the oven; immediately stir in apricots and let cool. It hardens as it cools. Break into small clusters once fully cooled.