This is one of the meals I made while in Virginia Beach. The eggs came from New Earth Farm cooked the morning after they were laid. If you’ve never had fresh eggs I highly recommend them. The color of the yolk is amazingly bright and the taste is far superior! Thank you Sticky Nicky for sharing with us. We miss you lots and are always sending you our love!
I made a huge pan of frittata and of course forgot to take a picture of the finished product!
Frittata with Lox and Shrooms
- 8 Eggs
- Garlic, chopped
- Onion, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Mushrooms, chopped
- Lox, chopped
- Shredded Cheese
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add some milk, and whip.
- In an oven safe pan (skillet is perfect) melt some butter and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the mushrooms. Once the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are just soft add the eggs. DO NOT STIR.
- Layer the lox, tomato, and cheese in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once just the bottom of the eggs have started to cook (normally this is right after you layer all your ingredients on the eggs), stick the pan on the bottom rack in a preheated broiling oven.
- Cook until the eggs have fluffed up and are brown on top.
And thanks to Ghanni for helping me in the kitchen… woof woof.