This was a total add as you go meal, literally! I had no idea it was going to be curry let alone banana curry. In the end this was one of the best creations I’ve made!!! Banana curry may sound weird but trust me it is incredibly delicious!
- 2 C Fava Beans, dried
- 4 C Broth
- 2-4 C Water
- Fresh Tarragon
- Onion, half mooned thinly
- Carrot, chopped
- Celery, diced
- Curry Powder
- Oil, not olive oil
- Frozen Peas
- Honey, (use agave for vegan)
- Coconut Flakes, large flakes not shredded
Quite a list of ingredients for a dinner that started out with just beans and broth!!!
Here’s how it went:
1) Cooked dried beans (I did not soak but I also started this around 3pm knowing the beans would take a few hours) with 4 cups broth and 2 cups water. Boil and simmer covered.
2) After an hour add some fresh tarragon and the onion.
3) After about 45 more minutes add the carrot and celery. (At this point I decided to make it curry). Add the s&p and curry powder.
4) Here is when I decided to go bananas. Sauté the sliced bananas in a bit of oil so soften and release the flavors. Add to the beans.
5) Add peas. (I did a taste test and the broth was a bit bitter). Add 3 t honey and a large handful of coconut flakes.
6) Let the soup finish thickening into a stew and enjoy! We ate this with a side of sweet brown rice… which if you haven’t had you should try… it’s incredible!