I realize the title of this meal might not appeal to you but stick with me here. We had two dozen hard boiled eggs we needed to consume after Easter decorating and I was looking for new ideas. As I was reading one of my recent Bon Appetit issues, this recipe was in the bottom corner of one of the pages. I have found the best of their recipes aren’t the main features but the small ‘scribbled’ ideas that seem to be filler. Maybe this is because I have problems following exact recipes and prefer to take ideas and transform them into something of my own. Anyway as I came across this recipe I quickly jotted down the ingredients and knew this recipe would be a must make after Easter.
Here’s my version: anchovies, garlic, capers, pecorino romano, lemon juice, eggs, parsley, and red pepper flakes. All cooked together quickly served with zucchini noodles. It was different but satisfying. Something I would definitely enjoy again.
Eggs, Capers, and ‘Pasta’
- 3 medium-large zucchinis spiralized
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 anchovy filets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano, plus more to serve
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook zucchini noodles over medium high heat until just wilted. Place in a colander to drain and set aside.
- In the same pan heat up the other tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the anchovy filets, garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes for a few minutes.
- Toss in zucchini noodles, pecorino romano, lemon juice, eggs, and parsley. Season with s&p. Serve topped with a bit more pecorino romano.