First of all check out the plate in the picture. I finally bought new dinnerware! I’ve had the same plates for almost 10 years and even though they served me well it was about time to update my kitchen. I have been looking casually for the last month or so and when I saw these they immediately caught my eye. I didn’t buy them right away as I wasn’t 100% sure. They are a bit busy, but I knew I wanted a fresh change. Something a bit funky but not too over the top. And then I got a coupon in the mail! Of course this was the universe telling me yes these are them! This was our first meal on our new plates. I love the look and feel. Perfect :).
Saturdays are always my least favorite day to cook. I normally manage breakfast but have no desire to do anything in the kitchen for lunch or dinner. So Friday night I thought ahead and hard boiled a few eggs and made egg salad. It was awesome when Josh mentioned a dinner suggestion and I was able to say it’s already made and ready to eat! We spent the late afternoon at the playground and came home to a light but satisfying salad.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- Peel and chop hard boiled eggs. I have a handy egg slice which I love using!
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until serving.
- butter lettuce
- shredded carrots
- blueberry balsamic vinegar
- Place greens on a plates and top with avocado chunks and carrots.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of blueberry balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with egg salad on top.