Easy dinner for a late night…
- Toasted Sesame Oil
- Onion, chopped
- Ginger, peeled and grated
- Tamari, 1 T
- Cornstarch, 1 T
- Mushrooms, sliced thin (I used king oysters from the Farmer’s Market!)
- Pepper, to taste
- Chicken Broth, 4 C
- Chives, chopped (I used chives since I didn’t have green onion)
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1. In a medium pot heat some sesame oil. Add the onions. Once soft add the mushrooms and ginger.
2. Next add the broth, tamari, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
3. Remove a small amount of the broth and dissolve the cornstarch in it. Add back to the saucepan.
4. Lastly slowly drizzle the eggs into the pot while stirring the soup. The egg should turn into ribbons.
5. Serve in bowls and garnish with the chopped chives.