Oh do I love me some cranberries! It’s totally one of those foods you either love or you hate. They have always been one of my favorite sides during Thanksgiving, I love them more than the turkey itself. In fact I like just about every side more than the turkey, unless it’s canned cranberry. I can’t stomach the thought of it. But to each their own.
In the past I’ve made raw cranberry sauce, my mom’s recipe, and stove top cooked cranberries. Both are delicious in their own ways. I really love the combination of tart and sweet mixed all into one. This year I’m making new recipes and decided it was time to try a baked cranberry sauce. It’s pretty much as easy as it gets and definitely worth a try. I cooked the cranberries with orange juice, orange zest, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. They cooked down into a deliciously chunky cranberry sauce!
Oven Baked Cranberries
- 16 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/3-1/2 cup coconut sugar (I like them tart so I used 1/3 cup)
- zest of 1 orange, ~1 tbsp
- juice of 1 orange, ~1/4-1/3 cup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cranberries, coconut sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Coat a 9×9 pan in coconut oil.
- Add cranberry mixture to pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and serve.