I had a bit of left over ricotta in the fridge and decided to bake with it… something I have yet to do. I am not a big chocolate cake person so in the end I wish I would have made one without it, but it was still delicious. I would know as I ate a quarter of the loaf with dinner!
- 2 1/4 C Spelt Flour
- 1/4 C Ricotta
- 1/4 C Sliced Almonds
- 4 oz Melted Chocolate
- 1 C Cane Sugar
- 1/4 C Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch Salt
- 3 t Baking Powder
- ~1/4 C Milk, I used chocolate almond milk
1. Beat eggs and sugar until light and frothy. (I used my stand mixer)
2. Add the flour, ricotta, melted butter, salt, and baking soda. Add milk accordingly so the batter isn’t too dry.
3. Add nuts and melted chocolate.
4. Pour into a buttered and floured bread pan. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes. Test with cake tester. Cool for ten minutes, take out of pan, and finish cooling on a cake rack.
* The texture was a bit too crumbly but the taste was right on.