I’m not sure if you noticed how much pesto I made from those turnip greens! It was a heaping two cups. And even after Cia and I devoured more spoonfuls that I’d like to admit there was plenty to use with another meal (besides the corn and green bean salad). Originally I intended to make this recipe using my parsley vinaigrette but the pesto was a fine substitution. The lamb sausage I used I purchased from WF meat department. If you are unable to find lamb sausage don’t hesitate to use some ground lamb instead. Sauté it with chopped shallot, minced garlic, and some herbs (rosemary, dill, or a Greek seasoning blend). It’ll be just as delicious!
Cauli Rice, Lamb Sausage, & Roasted Zucchini Medley
My yummy turnip green pesto adds so much yum to this bowl of cauliflower rice, roasted zucchini, and lamb sausage!
- 1/2 lb lamb sausage
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into wedge sticks (or however you prefer)
- olive oil
- 12 oz cauliflower rice, I love Trader Joe's organic - comes in the frozen section
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2-1 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pyrex dish. Add zucchini wedges and lightly coat with olive oil and season with s&p. Lay the lamb sausage over the zucchini in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes until sausage are cooked through and zucchini is lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan add the cauliflower rice and cook according to package.
- In a bowl add the olives, tomatoes, and parsley. Slice the lamb sausage into thin pieces and add to the bowl along with the zucchini and any of the pan drippings. Stir in the cauliflower rice to combine everything. Season with s&p.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley leaves and the 1/2 cup of the pesto on top. Add extra pesto as needed per plate.
As mentioned in the blog feel free to use ground lamb instead of lamb sausage. auté it with chopped shallot, minced garlic, and some herbs (rosemary, dill, or a Greek seasoning blend).
If you use fresh (not frozen) cauliflower rice, sauté it in a bit of olive oil until tender crips.