This is about as easy as it gets for a quick curry dish! I was inspired to buy some fresh turmeric the other day and decided to use it with some black mustard seed and cumin seed.
- 1 T Butter (ghee would be ideal)
- ~1 t Black Mustard Seeds
- ~1/2 t Cumin Seeds
- ~1 t Turmeric, fresh
- Scallions, sliced (I matchsticked them)
- Tomato, sliced super thin (I used my mandolin)
- Serrano Pepper, chopped small
- ~1 1/2 C Baby Lima Beans, cooked (I used frozen)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 C Buttermilk, brought to room temperature
- Parmesan, grated
1) Heat butter in a wok over medium-high heat. Once warmed add mustard seeds. Heat them until they pop and then add cumin seeds and turmeric, mixing well in oil.
2) Reduce heat to medium and add scallions, tomato, serrano, and salt. Cook until onion and tomato are soft and then add lima beans (I already boiled and drained them). Mix well.
3) Reduce heat to low and add buttermilk. Heat until hot stirring often. Do not bring to a boil!!! The turmeric will turn the soup a beautiful golden color.
4) Serve. Top bowl of curry with cilantro, parmesan, and avocado. Enjoy with naan.